C# -The benefits and limitations
Evaluating the benefits and limitations of the C# programming language.
Introduction to the C# programming language
Developed at Microsoft by Mads Torgensen in 2000. It is a general-purpose and multi-paradigm programming language. It is commonly used for back-end programming, for building games, and especially desktop applications.
So, what are the benefits and limitations of the C# programming language?
- Compilation and execution times are very fast
- Scales automatically and it is updateable
- It is much safer than C and C++ because pointer types are not allowed
- Offers type safety
- It is ideal for development in Windows
- Not as flexible as C++
- It can have a steep learning curve
- Some errors can be complex in nature, therefore requiring sufficient knowledge and experience
- It has a poor x-platform GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Doesn’t offer the best performance in terms of application performance benchmarks
Originally published at https://www.cloudwithdjango.com on September 17, 2022.