Java: The benefits and limitations
Evaluating the benefits and limitations of the Java programming language.
Introduction to the Java programming language
Java is also another popular programming language. It was initially developed in 1995 by James Gosling. Like Python, it can be used for a lot of different tasks. It is especially popular for building web applications that are on an enterprise scale, and in android app development.
So, what are the benefits and limitations of the Java programming language?
- Has support for multi-threading
- There are a lot of open-source libraries that are available
- It is a highly secure programming language, due to its use of a security manager that defines class access
- It has automatic memory allocation
- It is a distributed programming language
- Much slower, than in comparison to C++ and C
- The memory management can be expensive to manage
- Its syntax is very complex and verbose (many words and sentences are complex in its syntax)
- No templates available, which prohibit it from developing data structures that are of high quality
- Requires a lot of memory space
Originally published at https://www.cloudwithdjango.com on September 11, 2022.